Sunday, November 16, 2014

Guest Post - V.K. Black

I love having my fellow Aussie authors here on Willsin's World - even more so when it's an author I've met in person! Please stand and give a hearty hip-hip-hooray for the lovely V.K. Black!

* * * * *

Willsin, thank you so much for having me on your blog and giving me the opportunity to talk about my latest release, Unexpected Places, published by Escape Publishing.

This sexy action romance was great fun to write. I mixed together the vibes from three of my favourite movies, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Six Days and Seven Nights, and Romancing the Stone. Then added a little Australian flair and a pinch of spicy food. Stirred thoroughly. And… I can't think of another cooking analogy.

Anyway, the result was Unexpected Places. ☺



Blurb

One treasure map; a pair of priceless emeralds; two very keen hunters — only one can win, but who says that competition can’t be a little fun?
When sweet, pretty Ariana Noonan knocks out treasure hunter Luke Donahue with a champagne bottle and steals his treasure map, he vows to get his map back, find the missing priceless emeralds…and exact a fitting revenge. 
When Luke finally discovers Ariana in a dingy hotel on a remote tropical island, she’s in desperate straits and he finally gains the upper hand. Of course he will rescue her. His price? They act on the attraction that’s been simmering between them from the very beginning. 
But all is not as it seems, and Luke’s sexy bargain turns up not only an unbelievable secret, but Ariana’s reasons for wanting the emerald. Suddenly, nothing is clear-cut anymore, and map or no map, Luke and Ariana are sailing into uncharted territory.


Excerpt

Because I'm trusting your readers will be able to handle a little swearing, Willsin, I've included this excerpt, when Luke finds Ariana.

Luke stood with his hand on the doorknob, his back to her.
  As he turned, he let Ariana see the victory he knew was written on his face. Her eyes widened as he let her consider it, absorb it. He’d won. She’d lost. His eyes caressed her face, her body. He grinned, as he saw full comprehension hit her. Time for the winner to take the spoils. ‘Now this is where my revenge gets interesting, sweetheart. Yes, I’ll get you off this island. But you have to pay the price.’
  And she would have a good idea of what that price might be. No need to be nasty. Just take what he wanted. Shit, she fucked men for a living. And he knew she wanted it too. She’d wanted him in Sydney, and he knew she’d enjoyed checking him out when he arrived here in her nasty little room.
  Luke strolled toward her and placed his hand at the small of her back, drawing her up to him, till the hard line of his body pressed against her soft breasts. She was so tiny. Fragile. The word echoed uneasily in his mind and he argued with it. I’m not going to hurt her. He’d make it good for her, he swore.
  Though he’d make sure he kept her well away from the emeralds once he found them. As he stared down into her wary eyes, he couldn’t resist reaching out and caressing her soft cheek.
  What the hell was he doing? Getting all soft and cuddly with a piranha? Ariana had that sweet, vulnerable act down pat. He reached around and, grabbing her delectable bottom, dragged her small, curvy body against his.
  ‘The deal is, Moonbeam, I’ll take care of you, and get you home eventually. But I’ll keep the emeralds when I find them.’ As he let his hands roam up to her narrow shoulders and then down the curve of her hips and back to her cute, sexy backside, he decided he might as well spell out all her duties. ‘And you’ll take care of me. You’ll cook for me and serve me my drinks.’ He enjoyed the way she stiffened and narrowed her eyes. He grinned. ‘But your main duty will be me. You’ll give me sex any time I want it. Any way I want it.’


You can purchase Unexpected Places at Escape Publishing. They have all the Buy Links.


And you can check out V.K. Black's website for more excerpts and reviews.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a purchase is coming up for me :-) Nice to see you two, favorites of mine, here together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Donna. Hope you enjoy it as much as I loved writing it. :)

    ReplyDelete