Thursday, May 1, 2014

Just Going On Record...

Who knows if I'll ever make much of an impact in the publishing world? So when something I make takes off, I like to have a bit of a brag about it.

Yesterday, on a whim, I created a stoopid little graphic for my Facebook feed. I'd noticed bunches of those word puzzle things - you know the ones? "The first three words you see will predict how you'll die" or whatever.

So I thought I'd make a little fun thing based on those. It took all of ten minutes, and when paired with the setup text, I thought it was just a silly way to gain a bit of attention. It looked a little something like this (and I've included the setup text as well).

* * * *

Some people say that this kind of image post is nothing but a click-generator and an empty marketing ploy. I've tended to agree in the past, but this one really seems to have some scientific merit!


And suddenly heaps of people were sharing it. And people were sharing it on from there. So, since I don't have any best-selling books, and the big publishers aren't desperately seeking my cover art services, I just wanted to go on record and say...I MADE THAT! For whatever that's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment