Friday, May 24, 2013

New Aussie Author...

I'm very pleased to reveal the new cover I made not so long ago.

Why am I pleased? Why, because it's for a brand new Aussie author, who came to me in a roundabout way from ANOTHER new Aussie author!

This cover for Abi Aiken, for her new friends-to-lovers story "His Go-To-Girl" is kind of new territory for me. I haven't checked it with the statisticians yet, but I do believe this is the first cover I've made for a Brisbane author (other than that pesky and annoying bloke whose initials are Willsin Rowe...and seriously, what the heck has HE done lately, huh?).

But the interesting little kick in the tail is the way I scored the gig.

It was because of another cover I made for an Aussie author. "More Than Friends" by Susan Child. The subject matter - best friends becoming lovers - was similar, and Ms. Aiken decided to give yours truly a chance to try and weave some magic. I'm well pleased with the result.

So clearly it's all about who you know, even on the interwebz!

-----

His Go-To Girl - Blurb

Channary Kee has been best friends with Daniel Garrett since the fourth grade. Now sharing a house, that friendship has grown into a beautiful romantic love.
For one of them.
Even with her genius level IQ, Channary can’t find a way to tell her housemate how she feels. And when a new love interest steals Daniel’s attention away, it seems all is lost.
Can Channary win back Daniel’s attention and turn it into love? Or will her efforts shatter their long friendship, leaving her with nothing?

Excerpt:

I dumped the mess of laundry on top of the washing machine. Not for the first time I questioned myself. It wasn’t like Daniel was actively taking advantage of me. I chose to do the laundry – all of it, including his – because I knew that was the only way it would get done. But I also knew that I was letting him off the hook.
The trouble was, I liked doing it. It helped him, made him happy, and let the house flow smoothly. Besides, I could smell his hair on his pillowcases, his body on his shirts.
Aw, dammit. No wonder he never tried to sleep with me. I was already giving him everything else, and he was still free to stick it to every available bimbo in town. Either I had to get over this or I had to tell him I loved him. Maybe he’d finally realize how amazing I am and have earth-shattering sex with me.
Yeah, that’s exactly what’d happen. And then a troupe of flying unicorns would drop by to sing me a rousing version of “The Good Ship Venus”.
But at least I’d have a little self-respect back.
Fine. No more putting my own needs aside in favour of his. This time I’d do it.
Right after I finished ironing his jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment