Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Next Big Thing


What is a blog hop? Basically, it’s a way for readers to discover authors new to them.  I hope you'll find new-to-you authors whose works you enjoy.  On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of information on me, my co-author Katie Salidas, and one of our upcoming books.

Thanks to fellow author Parker Ford for inviting me to participate in this event. Parker is one of my favourite smutty writers. Her work is deliciously edgy and it has a heart you can feel beating whenever you read her. You can click the following link to learn more about Parker and her work. Website:  http://parkerford13.blogspot.com

In this blog hop, I have answered ten questions about my book or work-in--progress (giving you a sneak peek). I've also included some behind-the-scenes information about how and why Katie Salidas and I write what we write – the characters, inspirations, plotting and other choices we make. I hope you enjoy it!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book? 
“That spin-off from Consummate Therapy”!

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
When Katie Salidas and I were writing the Consummate Therapy series, we had a lot of fun crafting the little parts where a character named Chloe appeared. She piqued our interest enough that we decided to write her story. She may even spin out into a series as well.

3. What genre does your book come under? 
Erotica...with possible romantic overtones.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 
Well, Chloe being a redhead and all, I’d probably choose a young Julianne Moore. Failing that, Emma Stone would be lovely to see in this role!

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
What kind of man can make Chloe submit at the flick of a “switch”?

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
It will be published through Excessica.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 
We’re still working on it! So I can’t answer that one accurately, yet.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? 
Well definitely the Consummate Therapy series, of course.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
It really was just the fun Katie and I had with the Chloe character. Her ability to switch between dominant and submissive, sometimes adopting both roles simultaneously as a go-between for Master Sweet and Natasha.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Possibly the guest appearances from some of the other characters in the Consummate Therapy series.

No comments:

Post a Comment