Thursday, June 21, 2012

Streamlining Operations...

Well, with the way things have been going lately, I’ve made a big decision. I’ve decided to take a break from creating cover art. This is a temporary situation that may end up being permanent.

If you currently have a cover with me, I will of course see that artwork through to completion. But I’m not taking on any more work. When I got into the publishing arena it was as a writer. Truthfully, that’s what I’ve wanted to do since I was ten years old.

Cover art has been wonderful over the three years or so that I’ve been doing it, but I feel I’ve hit saturation point. A cover can be a difficult beast to create at times, and stock photography doesn’t always supply what an artist needs. And I've come to feel that very soon I won't be able to supply what authors need.

Mostly, though, I feel I’m stretching myself in too many directions. With stories to write and a band to play in, not to mention family duties, there’s just too much going on. My heart is with writing and with music.

No comments:

Post a Comment